About the Author
Kyell Gold is a California writer who began writing furry fiction a long, long time ago. In the early days of the 21st century, he got up the courage to write some explicit gay furry romance, first publishing his story "The Prisoner's Release" in Sofawolf Press's adult magazine Heat. That led to a novel, Volle, and then a series of other novels and short stories. Kyell continues to write with the goal of releasing one novel-length work every year, in addition to various short stories that appear on sites such as FurAffinity and SoFurry (registration with age verification required to see most stories).
He was not born in California, but now considers it his home. His age is somewhere between "well out of college" and "retired," as he works full time in the high tech industry. He loves to travel and dine out with his partner of many years, Kit Silver, and can often be seen at furry conventions in California, around the country, and abroad. He's happy to respond to fan mail, but asks that you glance at the F.A.Q. before writing.
I prefer e-mail to other forms of contact, though I keep an eye on the forums here and will respond to messages through LJ and FA (please don't ask me to join your social network, though :). Best e-mail to reach me is either user kyell at this website, or user kyellg at Yahoo!.
I am occasionally to be found on IM, but usually I'm busy writing when I'm online, so my conversations tend to be short and easily interrupted. I find this annoys a lot of people, so I mostly stay quiet.
- Further Confusion, San Jose, CA, January 16-20, 2014. Red Devil released!
- Furry Fiesta, Dallas, TX, February 21-23, 2014. The Mysterious Affair of Giles released!
- Anthrocon, Pittsburgh, PA, July 3-6, 2014. OOP4 released!
- Furry Migration, Bloomington (Minneapolis), MN, September 12-14, 2014. I'm a GOH!
- RainFurrest, Seattle, WA, September 25-28, 2014. I'm a GOH!
- Further 2014 appearances probably include Comic-con, WorldCon (August, London, UK) and Eurofurence (August, Berlin, Germany), but travel has not yet been booked, so I'm leaving those as tentative. Midwest FurFest is looking unlikely this year. Too much travel piling up. :(